General Firm Information
Associate Attorney Opening
Fast-growing criminal defense and personal injury law firm. We need an associate attorney to assist with our large caseload of criminal and commercial driver traffic citations at both the municipal and county levels. Our practice is nearly statewide. Most cases are resolved by plea agreement and a personal appearance in court is often not required. Salary is negotiable depending on the level of experience.
* Basic computer skills, including the ability to work with Word, Outlook, e-filing, faxing and scanning.
* Meeting with and/or speaking with clients via telephone to discuss pending charges and to devise defense strategies.
* Legal and factual research as required to achieve the best possible result.
* Attend, via telephone or in-person, all pretrial hearings on behalf of clients and advise clients following each hearing about the plea offers and best strategies.
* Conference with prosecutors to negotiate and complete plea agreements.
* Communicate with courts for resetting pretrial hearings and completing plea agreements.
* Appealing to county courts when necessary.
* Assist clients with executing plea bargains and other agreements with the county attorney and district attorney’s offices.
* Advise clients about the current effect of their accepted plea agreement and how it will affect their future.